WSSDA Annual Conference
The WSSDA Annual Conference is the premier annual event for school directors and superintendents. It is the largest gathering of education policymakers in the state of Washington. The 2014 WSSDA Annual Conference takes place November 19-22, Wednesday through Saturday, at the Spokane Convention Center and DoubleTree Hotel in Spokane, Washington.
This year, the conference focuses on strong governance, inspiring relationships, and communicating the benefits of change, with the following strands:
- Governing with excellence
- Contemporary issues in education
- Success and well-being
- Advocacy and community engagement
- Change for the better
WSSDA gives back!
Did you know that Washington state is the fifteenth hungriest state in the nation and in the top six where hunger is growing the fastest? Did you also know that one in four kids in Washington live in a household that struggles to put food on the table? WSSDA is partnering with Northwest Harvest this year to help reach those most vulnerable in our communities by holding a canned food drive. Be sure to bring non-perishable food items to the WSSDA Annual Conference, where you will find collection bins near the registration area. Suggestions of food items that are always needed: oatmeal, brown rice, canned tomatoes, canned vegetables and fruit, canned fish or meat, shelf-stable milk, stews, chilis, baby formula, jars of baby food and diapers. We will also be collecting cash and checks made payable to Northwest Harvest. For questions, contact Shannon Epps at 206.349.5913.
What more should I know?
- We have four excellent student performances at this year's conference from the following districts- Wahluke, Orting, Spokane and Riverside.
- Why Attend? outlines the benefits to boards attending this event and about communicating those benefits to your stakeholders.
- Visit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for answers to common questions.
Future conference dates
- November 19-22, 2015: Thursday - Sunday in Bellevue
- November 16-19, 2016: Wednesday - Saturday in Spokane